Raise the bar with us!
We are seeking a proactive and dedicated Safety Manager to establish and oversee our safety programs and protocols within our McMinnville food manufacturing facility. As the inaugural safety manager, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive safety framework, fostering a culture of safety, and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations. The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in safety management, preferably within the food manufacturing industry, and be capable of building safety initiatives from the ground up.
Safety Program Development:
· Develop and implement a comprehensive safety program tailored to the unique needs of our food manufacturing environment.
· Establish safety policies, procedures, and guidelines, covering areas such as equipment operation, chemical handling, personal protective equipment (PPE), emergency response, and more.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate safety practices into daily operations.
Safety Culture Building:
· Cultivate a safety-focused culture throughout the organization, emphasizing the importance of adherence to safety protocols at all levels.
· Promote employee awareness and engagement by conducting safety training, workshops, and communication campaigns.
· Encourage reporting of safety concerns and near-miss incidents, fostering a proactive approach to hazard identification and mitigation.
Compliance and Regulation:
· Stay updated on relevant safety regulations, laws, and industry standards to ensure compliance and mitigate potential risks.
· Lead efforts to achieve and maintain safety certifications, permits, and licenses as required.
· Collaborate with regulatory agencies as necessary, serving as the main point of contact for safety-related matters.
Hazard Assessment and Risk Management:
· Conduct thorough hazard assessments and risk analyses to identify potential safety issues within the facility.
· Implement effective risk management strategies, including the development of action plans to address identified hazards.
· Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of risk mitigation measures.
Incident Investigation and Reporting:
· Lead investigations into safety incidents, accidents, and near-miss events to determine root causes and prevent recurrence.
· Maintain accurate records of incidents, investigations, and corrective actions taken.
· Prepare and submit required safety reports to management and regulatory authorities.
Training and Education:
Develop and deliver safety training programs for employees, contractors, and visitors, ensuring understanding of safety protocols and procedures.
What you bring
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety
Minimum of 5 years of experience in safety management, preferably within the food manufacturing industry.
Thorough understanding of safety regulations, laws, and industry standards relevant to food manufacturing.
Strong knowledge of hazard assessment techniques, risk management strategies, and incident investigation protocols.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage employees at all levels.
Proven track record of building safety programs and fostering a culture of safety.
Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and drive results in a dynamic environment.
If you are a motivated and experienced safety professional with a passion for establishing a strong safety foundation within a food manufacturing environment, we invite you to apply for the position of Safety Manager. Join us in creating a safe and secure workplace for our employees and promoting a culture of safety excellence.
There are plenty of reasons to work for EMPWR such as...
There are plenty of reasons to work at EMPWR, such as:
A steady job with attractive pay
Healthcare, dental, vision, paid holidays, employer contributed 401K.
Good training, continuous coaching, and career advancement.
A modern working environment in which your safety and well-being are paramount
The USA: why it's worth it to work with us
Challenge the status quo
We are building something really special in the United States, to challenge the status quo of nutritional bars and prove that they can be delicious. Our operations are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for the best people to work with us on our ambitious growth plans!
Job security in a safe and pleasant working environment: the growth we foresee in our volumes the coming years is big! Therefore, we are able to secure jobs because we are in need of many hands and brains to make it all come together.
In our company we are constantly evolving, creating new products, and continuously questioning and renewing our ways of working. That makes us an exciting place to work. We are encouraged to share ideas and make suggestions.
Cynthia Sulimro, R&D
There are no politics, bias, or favoritism in our company. We value hard work and competence. Our people get fair compensation and have the same opportunities as their fellow team members to grow in their careers.
Fatima Cerrato, Production
We’ve grown from a local company into an international company over the years. Being part of the EMPWR group has brought positive changes but more importantly it has also brought stability. Being part of a large group that values its employees has made us stronger and more resilient.
Julio Flores, Production
The work environment and the relationships I established with my co-workers, the opportunities to grow and climb the ladder are things that made me come to work every day. It’s the place where I have the opportunity to grow, develop and prove myself.
Gabe Chapman - Production, McMinnville, US
Where we work
In McMinnville, the growth in operations has given us a new breath that allows to expand our operations and modernize our equipment. The future looks bright, and that vibe makes it an exciting spot to be for our entire team here in the U.S.
The R&D center
Our growing R&D center is where the team can make and evaluate prototypes for our customers and the growing nutrition bar industry. This onsite center allows us to immediately evaluate the test results and to rapidly push our innovations one step further. All employees are encouraged to taste new prototypes and share their thoughts.
We’re situated in the south end of McMinnville, a historic town in the heart of Oregon’s wine country. Not many cities here are as lucky to be just 45 minutes away from the big city, the mountains, and the ocean. An easy commute from all directions, without traffic jams.