Raise the bar with us!
The EMPWR values reflect the spirit and company culture: ‘Raise the bar’, ‘Growing together’ and ‘Living the passion’.
Constantly pushing themselves, their clients, and the creativity of their employees, EMPWR instinctively aims for better, healthier, and tastier. They believe in a world of positive growth for both individuals and companies. This is EMPWR’s way to reach a happier, healthier world in a sustainable manner.
In order to shape the future of their ambitious scale-up company, EMPWR wants to strengthen the team with Shift Managers to lead our 4 operating shifts.
A day in the life:
· Overseeing the production process: You will be responsible for ensuring that the production process is efficient and that production targets are met. You will also be responsible for monitoring quality control to ensure that products meet company standards.
· Supervising production staff: You will oversee production staff, including scheduling, training, and performance evaluations. You will also be responsible for ensuring that all safety and health regulations are adhered to.
· Possess strong leadership and problem solving skills.
· Managing inventory: You will manage inventory levels and ensure that all raw materials and finished products are properly stored and tracked.
· Collaborating with other departments: You will collaborate with other departments, such as purchasing, marketing, and sales, to ensure that production and distribution goals are met.
· Maintaining production records: You will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of production, inventory, and quality control. You will also be responsible for generating reports for management and regulatory agencies.
· Works with production planning and scheduling to estimate production times to meet customer requirements.
· Ensuring compliance with safety regulations: You will ensure compliance with safety regulations, including OSHA and FDA regulations.
· Coordinate with Human Resources concerning: Hiring, terminations and employee discipline.
What you bring
· FOOD SAFETY – Be Aware of empowerment to act to resolve food safety issues within the scope of work.
· FOOD SAFETY – Conform to all Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience operating in a production facility with direct line supervision/management responsibility.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Must be fluent in English and additional languages such as Spanish are a plus.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
· Ability to deal with problems involving both abstract and concrete variables in a variety of situations.
· Ability to make sound decisions, research questions that are unknown to him/her.
· Ability to schedule, coordinate and track multiple tasks.
· Ability to solve complex problems with both clearly defined and abstract variables.
· Ability to read interprets technical documentation.
· Ability to respond to random events quickly that may require long hours of attention
· Strong knowledge of pc programs such as Microsoft Office.
· Ability to function independently, particular evening shifts
· Frequently required to talk, hear and communicate with others in English.
· Frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, and squatting.
· Ability to sit and perform work on a computer or at a desk.
· Use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Able to push/pull 1,000 lbs. or more, using a pallet jack.
Why join the EMPWR Team?
There are plenty of reasons to work at EMPWR, such as:
· A permanent job with attractive pay
· Healthcare, dental, vision, paid holidays, employer contributed 401K.
· Good training, continuous coaching, and career advancement.
· A modern working environment in which your safety and well-being are paramount
· AND MORE!
The USA: why it's worth it to work with us
Challenge the status quo
We are building something really special in the United States, to challenge the status quo of nutritional bars and prove that they can be delicious. Our operations are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for the best people to work with us on our ambitious growth plans!
Job security in a safe and pleasant working environment: the growth we foresee in our volumes the coming years is big! Therefore, we are able to secure jobs because we are in need of many hands and brains to make it all come together.
In our company we are constantly evolving, creating new products, and continuously questioning and renewing our ways of working. That makes us an exciting place to work. We are encouraged to share ideas and make suggestions.
Cynthia Sulimro, R&D
There are no politics, bias, or favoritism in our company. We value hard work and competence. Our people get fair compensation and have the same opportunities as their fellow team members to grow in their careers.
Fatima Cerrato, Production
We’ve grown from a local company into an international company over the years. Being part of the EMPWR group has brought positive changes but more importantly it has also brought stability. Being part of a large group that values its employees has made us stronger and more resilient.
Julio Flores, Production
The work environment and the relationships I established with my co-workers, the opportunities to grow and climb the ladder are things that made me come to work every day. It’s the place where I have the opportunity to grow, develop and prove myself.
Gabe Chapman - Production, McMinnville, US
Where we work
In McMinnville, the growth in operations has given us a new breath that allows to expand our operations and modernize our equipment. The future looks bright, and that vibe makes it an exciting spot to be for our entire team here in the U.S.
The R&D center
Our growing R&D center is where the team can make and evaluate prototypes for our customers and the growing nutrition bar industry. This onsite center allows us to immediately evaluate the test results and to rapidly push our innovations one step further. All employees are encouraged to taste new prototypes and share their thoughts.
We’re situated in the south end of McMinnville, a historic town in the heart of Oregon’s wine country. Not many cities here are as lucky to be just 45 minutes away from the big city, the mountains, and the ocean. An easy commute from all directions, without traffic jams.